2 lbs large chicken wings
Favorite chicken rub (Montreal Chicken Seasoning), or other
1/2 stick butter
1/2 C Louisiana style hot sauce (Frank's Red Hot Louisiana Sauce)
1/4 C Honey
2 C Blue Cheese
1 Garlic Clove
1. With a sharp knife, cut the wings into three pieces through the joints. Discard the wing tips, or save for chicken stock. Transfer the remaining "drummettes" and "flats" to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or nonstick aluminum foil, and arrange them in a single layer. Season well with the rub.
2. Make the spicy honey-garlic sauce: Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until it soften (do not let it color). Stir in the not sauce and honey and cook for several minutes to blend the flavors Keep warm.
3. When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 350 degrees F and preheat, lid closed for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Arrange the baking sheet with the wings on the grill grate. Cook for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink at the bone. Place the wings in a large bowl, pour the sauce over them then blend until the wings are covered with the sauce.
5. Serve wiht the blue cheese or ranch dressing.
* Recipe adapted from www.traegergrills.com/recipes.